Monday, April 28, 2008

The Coffee Cake that Almost Ended it All

I'm so mad about this one that I'm not even writing out the recipe. And it's not the recipe's fault, either. But you are supposed to make it in a fluted tube pan. Which I have one. That the kids have played with quite a bit, wearing it as a hat, using it as a trumpet, etc. Well, you cut up pillsbury biscuits and put them into the tube pan, then pour over a caramel mixture made with brown sugar, cream, and cinnamon. Well, it leaked all out the pan and baked itself onto the floor of my oven. Burnt sugar smells so bad. Then the rolls were still raw after 25 minutes. And I had to clean out the oven, which is hard to do when there's caramel stuck to the bottom of it. What a horrible way to start a weekend. I threw the pan away.

No comments: