Monday, April 14, 2008

Fluffy Chocolate Pie

I made this on the spur of the moment for Jon & Jessi's semi-annual Burn Illegal Things In Your Backyard Barbeque. I was planning to make it this week anyway, but on Saturday Emma and I were baking brownies and we were on a roll, so we decided to make it for Tee Tee's house. Emma actually did a lot of it, and she was very proud of her "first pie." It's from Simple & Delicious mar/april '08. They have this section in their magazine that has recipes with only 5 ingredients or less. So that's pretty handy. Another recipe in this section was called "Beer-Glazed Ham." I think I heard Mom say she's making that next week.

Fluffy Chocolate Pie
2 1/2 cups milk chocolate kisses (I bought the smaller bag and it wasn't quite enough. The flavor was still pretty chocolatey though)
1 carton (12 oz) Cool Whip (which, hello people, cool whip only comes in 8 or 16 oz containers. At least at the Wal-Mart. If you have extra, you can just eat it after the pie is done. It's so yummy)
1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
20 miniature peanut butter cups, chopped

In a large microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate kisses; stir until smooth (apparently you guess the times and heat level--I just melted it on low heat in a saucepan on the stove anyway). Cool slightly. Fold in 3 1/2 cups cool whip until blended. Spread half of the chocolate mixture into crust; sprinkle with peanut butter cups. Top with remaining chocolate mixture. Chill for at least 30 minutes. Top with remaining whipped toppping. 8 servings

So this was pretty expensive to buy all the ingredients, and not as good as the chocolate cream pie I made a few weeks ago. So even though it was fun to try, it's not a keeper. For me at least. You can still try it if you want to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.