Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Carmelized Pork Slices

We have moved on to the "pork" section of my Taste of Home Cookbook that I got for Christmas last year. I see now that it will be to next Christmas and I will not be through this one yet. But Mom I still want a cookbook for Christmas because I like them. So this is from pg 121. It was very yummy, almost like little boneless pork chops.

Carmelized Pork Slices
1 pork tenderloin (1 lb) cut into 1 inch slices
2 tsp canola oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp orange juice
1 tbsp molasses
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Flatten pork slices to 1/2 inch thickness (this just seemed silly. Cut the pork into 1 inch slices and then flatten to 1/2 inch? That is not what I did. I cut them 1/2 inch to begin with. I highly recommend it). In a nonstick skillet, brown pork in oil over medium-high heat. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute garlic for 1 minute; stir in remaining ingredients. Return pork to pan; cook, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until pork is no longer pink. 4 servings.

So we had this with real brown rice, not minute rice. I figure we better get used to rice because of the whole Haiti thing. Well, Sam is a trooper and of course ate his. Emma didn't like hers. I explained that in Haiti we will eat a lot of rice so we need to try to like it. She was not convinced. But it actually tasted good, and the texture of it made me a little nostalgic. So a healthy supper, because you know pork is lean meat with protein and stuff. And brown rice is like the best kind. So it was a hit. We had a little of the pan juices over the rice to give it some more flavor. Pretty sure this one's a keeper.

No comments: