Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Peanut Butter & Banana Smoothie

Today is Nathan's birthday!! I can't believe my baby is 4. So nuts. I always let my kids pick whatever they want for supper on their birthdays. Nathan picked (I know regular readers will be surprised by this) chicken nuggets. And macaroni and cheese. I decided to make these smoothies to go with it. I had them marked to have with homemade waffles, which I'm making next week, but my bananas are starting to draw the flies so I pushed it forward to tonight. These are from the August/September Simple & Delicious.

Peanut Butter & Banana Smoothie
1/2 cup plain yogurt (I bought vanilla)
1 medium ripe banana
2 tbsp nonfat dry milk powder
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp creamy peanut butter
2 ice cubes

In a blender, combine all ingredients. Cover and process for 30-40 seconds or until smooth. Stir if necessary. Pour into chilled glass; serve immediately.

This is only enough for 1 serving. So obviously I had to quintuple this recipe. Kind of disappointing. I served this as a beverage, which I think was a mistake. I think if you just had this, like as a meal replacement for breakfast or something, it would be good. But it just wasn't a good combination with what we had for supper...nobody liked it =o( And you know how kids are...now that they haven't liked it once they will think they don't like it forever...oh well...

No comments: