Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Chicken in Lime Butter

Some recipes I try because they sound like they will taste really really good. And some I try because I have all the ingredients and wouldn't have to buy anything, and they don't look like they would be bad. This is one of those recipes. I had half a lime left from my Tupperware party last week. Sam really likes lemons and limes too so that's a plus. It's from my newest Simple & Delicious. I marked so many recipes in this issue that it's going to take me a long time to get through.

Chicken in Lime Butter
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
2 tbsp canola oil
1/4 cup butter, cubed
1 tbsp lime juice
1/2 tsp dill weed
1/4 tsp minced chives

Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reaches 170; drain. Remove and keep warm. Add butter and lime juice to the skillet; cook and stir until butter is melted. Stir in dill and chives. Drizzle over chicken.

This was actually really good. Better than I expected. The sauce was not overpowering at all. It didn't even taste lime-y. Steve was surprised when I said what it was. But it did have a little tang to it...very good. All the kids liked it too! A keeper...

No comments: