Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Cherry Barbecue Pork Ribs

Yum yum yum. If it's nice out, Steve can put these on the grill. If it's raining, I can make them on my sweet new George Foreman Grill With Removable Plates. I have a couple rib recipes already that I really really like, but this one sounded too good to not make. From June/July 2011 Simple & Delicious.

Cherry Barbecue Pork Ribs
4 lbs bone-in country-style pork ribs
1/2 cup orange juice
2 tsp Liquid Smoke, optional (I have this so I used it)
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp pepper
2/3 cup barbecue sauce
1/3 cup cherry preserves (I bought Polaner All Fruit Black Cherry)
1 tbsp molasses

Place the ribs in a 3-qt microwave-safe dish (if you are wondering if I used my awesome new Tupperware microwave cooker thing, the answer is yes). In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, Liquid Smoke, garlic powder, and pepper. Pour over ribs. Cover and microwave on high for 15-20 minutes or until meat is tender.

Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the barbecue sauce, preserves, and molasses. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Drain ribs. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack (I have no idea if Steve did this...my bet is that he did not). Grill ribs, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until browned, basting with sauce and turning occasionally. 8 servings.

Oh my my. These were SO good. Steve made them on the grill. They tasted awesome!! And Emma helped me cook this whole meal, read the recipe with me, etc, which I should totally be doing more often with all my kids. She was very proud of herself. We had this with corn and smashed potatoes (mashed potatoes that we added milk, butter, garlic salt, and real bacon pieces to). A very yummy meal. Usually we only have ribs like once a year. Because, ribs are expensive. I bought 2 1/2 pounds because that's how much was in one package, and it was almost $9. It was enough for our family, though. Of course if you were having a BBQ or something, you should go with the whole 4 pounds. Also they aren't really good for you, either. Fatty and stuff. But for once in a while it was GOOD. I know my Dad would love these. So maybe twice this summer =o)

2 comments:

Laura said...

Whenever I think of Liquid Smoke, I remember an old man, a WW2 vet, who baked chocolate chip cookies for my family every week. He put bacon grease and liquid smoke in them, and they were awful. Loved the man. Had to throw away most of the cookies. ;)

NewRecipeNight said...

oh my word...that is the grossest thing (involving cookies) that I have ever heard...