Sunday, July 3, 2011

Tupperware Oreo Thingy

Okay I don't know the real name of this recipe. My awesome Tupperware lady, Rebecca Coffin, made it at Autumn's Tupperware party. I really really liked it. Tonight I called Becky later than was probably polite to get the recipe. I already knew all the ingredients but didn't know how much of each thing. She was very understanding and gave me the recipe. That's because she is a great Tupperware lady. So of course this recipe uses 2 Tupperware devices, but you could make it without those. It just wouldn't be as easy, or as cool. Or as color coordinated.

Tupperware Oreo Thingy
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp cocoa powder
6 Oreo cookies (this could be problematic, since there are like 48 Oreos in a bag or something...you could do what I did, just buy the small package at the check-out, then you won't be tempted to eat more Oreos later)

Crush the Oreo cookies by putting them in your Chop 'N Prep (or, just crush them in a ziploc bag or something, but it won't be as cool). In your Quick Chef (that I got FOR FREE when I had my party) place the cream, sugar, and cocoa. Put the paddle blade in and turn the handle until it's really thick like whipped cream. Or you could put it all in your Kitchen Aid mixer, or other electric mixer. Kitchen Aids are pretty cool, so you would still look cool if you made it this way. Spoon the yummy concoction into dessert dishes and sprinkle with the crushed Oreos. 4 servings.

This was just as yummy as I remember it. Came together very quick. And Steve let me pretend I was a Tupperware lady, and he humored me by pretending to be an interested party at a show. It was a stretch for him, but he is good to me like that. He took a turn spinning the handle. Like a novice, he said it looked like ingredients were sticking to the sides of the Quick Chef and suggested I should scrape the sides with a spatula, but it was not so. It has beveled blades that scrape and mix at the same time. Once it was done I threw everything into the dishwasher, because all the parts are dishwasher safe. Woot. This was a fun night for me overall. Also if you are like my friend Nina and don't like refined sugar, you could totally sweeten this with something else, and you don't have to use Oreos, you could use anything yummy that tastes good with chocolate. I think this would be a good fruit dip, without the Oreos. I love berries and chocolate. And if you want any of these cool devices, here is the link to my Tupperware lady's website: http://my2.tupperware.com/tup-html/R/rebeccacoffin-welcome.html

No comments: