Saturday, July 2, 2011

Reese's Mousse Pie

I made this today. I found it in a pile of magazines at my mom's. It's just a handwritten piece of paper, like someone liked the pie, and said will you write down the recipe. Mom doesn't remember who it came from, and I don't recognize the handwriting so it didn't come from anyone in our family. It was a bit hard to follow, so I'm going to try to "format" it like the recipes I usually post. I was joking with Steve that this is one of those types of recipes I make to make him love me again. Because he LOVES this type of thing. But of course it won't make him love me more, because his love for me has nothing to do with the peanut butter desserts I make for him, right? RIGHT??

Reese's Mousse Pie
9" pie crust, baked (I used a premade chocolate crumb crust)
1 bag Reese's peanut butter chips
3 oz cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/3 cup milk
2 tbsp milk
1 tbsp cold water
1 tsp unflavored gelatin
2 tbsp boiling water
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup cocoa
1 cup whipping cream
1 tsp vanilla

Melt 1 1/2 cups of the peanut butter chips in the microwave, on medium power, for 3 minutes, stirring after each minute. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and 1/3 cup milk. Add melted chips (this became hard to stir very quickly). Add the 2 tbsp milk and mix until well combined. Pour into pie crust (this was so thick it more like glopped into the pie crust).

Put cold water in small dish and sprinkle gelatin over it, let sit for 1 minute. Add boiling water and stir quickly to combine. Using an electric mixer, combine whipping cream, sugar, cocoa, and vanilla until stiff. Add the gelatin and beat until blended. Pour over peanut butter layer (again, not really pouring consistency. I spread it over). Sprinkle with remaining peanut butter chips. Refrigerate.

Of course this was very good. It was also very rich. I just could have a little bit of it. Very sweet too. Steve really really liked it. Sam said it was awesome. Nathan said nom nom. Emma didn't like it. She's picky like that. Probably just too tired to eat. We all had some and there's a little over half of it left. So it's good, but I won't make it very often. Sorry Steve. Oh, and he said he DOES love me again after eating this pie.

No comments: