Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Chicken and Vegetable Fajitas

This is my last new recipe before our trip!  We leave in a week, and from this point on I expect to be busy and anxious and not very into eating.  I will still make food, of course, but it won't be anything new.  This is what we had tonight, but it sounded way better in the magazine than it actually was.  It wasn't bad, just nothing very exciting.  From Simple & Delicious...it's another Ortega recipe, but the only Ortega thing I bought was tortillas because I had that aforementioned coupon.

Chicken and Vegetable Fajitas
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup red pepper strips
1 cup green pepper strips
1 cup onion slices
2 tbsp diced jalapeno peppers
3 cups cooked cubed chicken
6 flour tortillas
1/2 cup guacamole style dip (I didn't buy this, nobody likes it here)

Heat oil over medium high heat in large skillet.  Add peppers and onion and saute until wilted and browned, about 5 minutes.  Add diced jalapeno peppers and chicken; stir to combine.  Continue to heat another 3 minutes.  Serve mixture in warmed tortillas and top with a dollop of guacamole style dip. 

I am not a fan of spicy things, so once the chicken was done, I took out like 2/3 of it and then just added 1 tbsp of the jalapenos to Steve's portion.  Also I knew the littles would never want this, so Emma had a peanut butter and honey tortilla, and Nathan had leftovers from our lunch at KFC with Oma & Opa yesterday.  So everyone got what they wanted, which makes for a very peaceful meal.  Like I said, this was fine, it just wasn't great.  And it has to be to be a keeper.


No comments: