Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Chicken Club Pasta

Hello! Finally, a good one from this cookbook! I have been rather disappointed thus far, but this recipe has renewed my faith in the Gooseberry Patch cookbook...

Chicken Club Pasta
1 1b pkg bacon, diced
1 1/2 cups half-and-half
2 to 3 tbsp dried parsley
3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
optional: sliced mushrooms (I opted to not)
garlic salt and pepper to taste (I used a lot of garlic salt and just a little pepper)
12 to 16 oz pkg pasta, cooked (it says use any pasta you have on hand...I used penne)

Fry bacon til almost crisp; drain (I actually drained it twice...there was so much fat after like 5 minutes that I drained it, then cooked it longer, then so much fat I drained it again. Kind of gross...but bacon is so yummy so I try to block that out). Return bacon to skillet; add half-and-half (why is that hyphenated?), parsley, cheese, chicken, and mushrooms. Season to taste (with the garlic salt and pepper). Reduce heat; stir and heat for 4 minutes. Spoon over pasta, toss to coat. Makes 6 to 8 servings.

So we all really liked this. Emma didn't eat the bacon (I helped with that). Sam & Steve lapped it up. My mom liked it, too...she came over right after lunch and was picking at it. This was good for a meal, and I also think it would be good if you had to bring a dish somewhere, like a potluck or something. The only thing is it did take a little longer than some other recipes I have tried. But it was still really good and I'm quite sure I'll make it again. Going in the save file. =) Talk to you all soon!!

1 comment:

Autumn said...

Another good one. I didn't use mushrooms either because I am the only one who likes them. It was yummy and great leftovers (I am all about good leftovers!!!!)