Monday, October 1, 2007

Chocolate-Cherry Fudge Bars

Today whilst the baby was napping I made these with Emma. It is from Kraft Food & Family Fall 2007.

Chocolate-Cherry Fudge Bars
4 squares unsweetened baking chocolate
3/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
1 pkg (4 svg size) instant chocolate pudding
3/4 cup chopped maraschino cherries (save 7 tbsp of the juice they come in)
2 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar

Microwave chocolate and butter on high for 2 minutes in large microwaveable bowl, or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Add sugar, mix well. Blend in eggs & vanilla. Add flour & dry pudding mix; mix well. Stir in 1/2 cup of cherries and 1/3 cup of the reserved cherry juice; spread into prepared pan. Bake 30-35 minutes or until wooden toothpick comes out with fudgy crumbs (do not overbake)(like anyone would on purpose). Cool completely. Mix cream cheese, powdered sugar, and remaining cherry juice until well blended, drizzle over cooled brownies; top w/ remaining cherries.

I couldn't get the glaze to come out right. I mixed and mixed and it just seemed like the cream cheese wouldn't mix with the other two things. Maybe it wasn't "softened" enough, but I left it out for like an hour before I did it. So I never used the frosting, I just threw away the sad effort. But the actual brownies were good. But I'm not keeping this recipe because I didn't like the frosting. So there.

No comments: