Monday, October 1, 2007

Superbad

Hi guys. I had a total flop on Wednesday, such that I am not even going to type out the whole recipe. But I will describe it for you, so you will know to stay away if you see/read it. These were both from the Gooseberry Patch cookbook...the dessert I made from this cookbook was good, but they didn't impress me with these two things. I made "Easy Potato Casserole" and "Mini-Meatloaves." Okay so the potato casserole even Steve didn't like (which may be a first). It was frozen shredded potatoes, sour cream, cream of celery soup, salt, pepper, & cheese, with ritz crackers crumbled on top. That sounds so bad even as I type it out, I don't know why it looked good on the page. Nobody liked it. We had it with mini-meatloaves. You get pillsbury refrigerated biscuit dough and flatten one biscuit into each of 10 muffin cups. Then you make meatloaf by their recipe (ketchup, oatmeal, onion, etc w/ the hamburger), divide it into 10 balls and put them in the muffin cups, then bake. Well, we buy lean hamburger and there was still a LOT of fat and this brown gummy stuff that spilled out of the muffin cups onto the tops of the pan, and looked so so so gross. Once out of the pan and on a plate away from the grossness, it looked slightly better, and the taste wasn't so awful, but the presentation definitely left something to be desired. So that's the bad news from last week...as the song says, Who knows what tomorrow brings?

No comments: