Thursday, October 18, 2007

Speedy Chicken Stir-Fry

Hola! This was what we had this past Wednesday before church, with minor variations, which I will, of course, expound upon. It's out of the Fall '07 Kraft Food & Family...

Speedy Chicken Stir-Fry
8 oz angel hair pasta, uncooked (we were just about pasta-ed out this week, so I made ours with rice instead. It was still good.)
2 cups broccoli florets (I hate broccoli. I made it with cut up carrots)
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
1/2 cup Kraft Asian Toasted Sesame dressing
2 tbsp soy sauce
1/4 tsp each ground ginger, garlic powder, crushed red pepper (I only used 1/8 of the c.r.pepper because we don't like spicy.)
1/3 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts

Cook pasta as directed on pkg, adding broccoli to the boiling water for last 3 minutes of pasta cooking time (if you're me, cook the carrots and rice separately). Meanwhile, spray lg nonstick skillet with cooking spray, heat on med-high heat. Add chicken, cook 6 to 8 minutes or until cooked through, stirring occasionally. Stir in remaining ingredients except peanuts, cook for 1 minute. Drain pasta mixture, place in large bowl. Add chicken mixture, mix lightly. (If you make it w/ rice, put the rice on the plates and spoon the chicken mixture over it.) Sprinkle with the peanuts.

So this was good, even though I had to buy salad dressing that I normally wouldn't. Emma only ate 2 bites of the chicken. Sam ate all of his & the carrots, too, but didn't like the peanuts. Steve and I both really liked it. So it goes into the permanent file. Next week is another one from the Gooseberry Patch. I have not been having good luck with them...I'm a little nervous but it should be okay...................see you all soon!!

No comments: