Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Slow Cooker Orange Chicken

Hi guys! This is what we had for supper last night. It was kind of nice to be home on a Tuesday...this one is from Kraft Food & Family Fall 2007.

Slow Cooker Orange Chicken
8 small chicken thighs (about 1 lb)(I only had 4 thighs but they were still over 1 lb and it was fine)
3 tbsp flour (I only used 2 because it looked like a lot. Again, fine)
1/3 cup orange marmalade
1/3 cup barbeque sauce
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp minced fresh ginger (that was too expensive. You only could buy like a huge piece of root for like almost 3 dollars, and I knew I would never use it all, so I was like, no way. I just used dried ginger in my cupboard)

Place chicken thighs in slow cooker and toss w/ flour. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours.

How easy is that? It was quite good, as well. It's a keeper. Emma ate it, not sure if she liked it or not, but wanted peanut butter pie. Sam ate all his, and Steve and I thought it was really good. We had it w/ rice (with some of the sauce poured over) and carrots. A yummy easy recipe.

No comments: