Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie

Hi girls. On Sunday I made this. I've had the recipe for a while, Terri gave it to me a long time ago, I've just never made it because of all the ingredients you had to buy. But since someone else bought my groceries, it made the cut this week. I'm not sure where Terri got this from, but it was very tasty. Still is, really. We still have some in the fridge...anyway here it is.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
20 oreos
2 tbsp butter, melted
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar, divided
16 oz cool whip
15 mini reese's peanut butter cups, chopped
4svg size chocolate fudge instant pudding
1 cup milk

Crush 16 of the oreos and toss w/ melted butter. Press into bottom of 9x9 inch pan (I used a deep dish pie plate). In separate bowl, combine cream cheese, peanut butter, 1 cup of confectioner's sugar until well blended. Fold in 1/2 of the cool whip (this took a while but it does eventually all incorporate). Spread over oreos. Sprinkle w/ chopped peanut butter cups. In a different bowl, combine pudding mix, milk, and other 1/2 cup of confectioner's sugar. Stir for 2 minutes. Pour over peanut butter cups. Crush last 4 oreos and sprinkle over chocolate layer. Chill for 4-6 hours.

I think I may have copied this recipe down wrong from Terri, because it never says what to do with the other half of the Cool Whip. Maybe you save it to serve with it, I don't know. Anyway, I never used the other half of it, and it still tasted great. I highly recommend this one. Talk to you guys soon!!

No comments: