Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Onion-Cheese Bread

Hello! This I made for the Coffin's New Year's Eve party. I know, it was a bold move to make a new recipe and then bring it to a place where many people would try it. But I had no choice, since it was storming yesterday and I didn't want to clean off my car and bring all 3 kids to the store to get ingredients for anything else. But it ended up pretty good, and it smelled really good while it was baking, too. It's from the Better Homes & Gardens one.

Onion-Cheese Bread
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 tbsp margarine or butter
1/2 cup milk
1 slightly beaten egg
1 1/2 cups bisquick
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 tbsp poppy seed
cooked thinly sliced onion

Grease 8x1 1/2 inch round pan, set aside. Cook chopped onion in 1 tbsp butter until onion is tender. Stir together milk and egg. Add to biscuit mix; stir just until moistened. Add the onion mixture, half the cheese, and half the poppy seed to biscuit mixture. Spread batter in prepared pan. Sprinkle w/ remaining cheese and poppy seed. Arrange cooked onion on top. Melt remaining 1 tbsp butter and drizzle over mixture in pan. Bake @ 400 for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Serve warm.

So I cut this into 8 pieces, and there were 2 left at midnight. Steve and I each had one, and we thought it was good. A couple people, but I can't remember who exactly, said it was good, too. So I'm keeping this one. You should try it.

No comments: