Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Ravioli Skillet

Hello! This is what we had for supper last night. It is from Simple and Delicious. And it was pretty simple...here it is.

Ravioli Skillet
1 pound ground beef
3/4 cup chopped green pepper
1 ounce prosciutto or deli ham, chopped (I left this out. I didn't have any and figured one ounce wouldn't make much difference. It didn't)
3 cups spaghetti sauce
3/4 cup water
1 pkg (25 oz) frozen cheese ravioli
1 cup (4 oz) shredded mozarella

In large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and prosciutto (if using) over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and water; bring to a boil. Add ravioli. Reduce heat and cover & simmer for 7-9 minutes or until ravioli is tender, stirring once. Sprinke w/ cheese. Simmer, uncovered, 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. 4 servings.

Okay so this was good, but it took more like 15-20 minutes for my ravioli to get cooked. It didn't say to defrost it first or anything. I actually prefer beef ravioli (which you can also buy frozen, I don't mean Chef Boyardee. Although I do like that) over cheese, but my m-i-l bought cheese ravioli for us at the commissary so that's what we had to work with. Everyone liked it though. I think if you did make it with beef ravioli it would be too much beef, since there is hamburger in the sauce, too. So I don't think this one makes the cut but it was good to try for a change. Talk to you guys soon!!

No comments: