Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Chocolate Chip Cookie Delight

So Emma and I made this yesterday while Nathan was sleeping. We knew Steve would like it and we were right. It's from Simple & Delicious may/june 2008.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Delight
1 tube (16.5 oz) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough (my sister saw this in my fridge and said what is this? This is not how we make chocolate chip cookies. Then I showed her the recipe; she was not convinced)
1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1 cup confectioners' sugar
12 oz cool whip, thawed, divided
3 cups cold milk
1 pkg (3.9 oz) instant chocolate pudding mix
1 pkg (3.4 oz) instant vanilla pudding mix
chopped nuts and chocolate curls, optional (I left these out)

Let cookie dough stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften. Press into an ungreased 13x9 baking pan. Bake @ 350 for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack. In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in 1 3/4 cups of the cool whip (like I measured that. I just did like half). Spread over crust. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes; let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Spread over cream cheese layer. Top with remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle with nuts and chocolate curls, if using. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight until firm. 15 servings.

So I know I do not need to say this was a big hit. I liked it too. Even Nathan did. He said it was ice cream.

No comments: