Monday, September 15, 2008

Cinnamon Raisin Coffee Cake

I made this on Saturday morning to bring to Autumn's scrapbooking thing. I love those pillsbury cinnamon rolls (too much) so I figured this would be a keeper. And it was very good. It was supposed to have pecans, too, but Steve doesn't them. Or raisins, either, but I still put those in. He can't have everything. It's from the May/June issue of Simple & Delicious.

Cinnamon Raisin Coffee Cake
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tubes (12.4 oz each) refrigerated cinnamon roll dough
1/2 cup chopped pecans
3 to 4 tbsp raisins

In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Set aside icing packets from cinnamon rolls. Separate dough into 16 rolls; cut each into quarters. Place half of the roll pieces, cinnamon side up, in a lightly greased 11x7 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with pecans, raisins, and half of the cinnamon sugar. Top with remaining dough. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon and sugar. Bake @ 375 for 25-30 minutes (mine was more like 22 so watch it) or until golden brown. Spread with reserved icing; serve warm. 8 servings.

So this was very good. Jessica said she was full and was going to eat hers later, but I ate it. And, there was just a little bit left in the pan which I ate on the way home. So yummy. Definitely a keeper. Next time I won't bring it anywhere, we'll just all eat it at home. Hee hee.

No comments: