Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sloppy Joes

So we had a very successful Haiti meeting on Friday and this is what we ate...I doubled the recipe...would have tripled it but not enough ketchup...in fact Autumn had to bring ketchup for the tots...but it turns out we had just enough for everyone...and I think someone had seconds. It might have been Steve. It's from Taste of Home pg 107. So I will write the recipe in it's not-doubled form.

Sloppy Joes
1 pound hamburger
1 cup ketchup
1/4 cup water
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp worcestershire sauce
2 tsp mustard
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt

Brown ground beef in a skillet over medium high heat until no longer pink; drain. Add remaining ingredients to skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes. Serve with sandwich rolls.

So like I said, pretty good. I thought maybe a bit too salty. But my friend Nycole said they were the best sloppy joes ever. So now we are really close. So I think this will be a keeper. Way cheaper than Manwich and yummy too.

No comments: