Monday, March 9, 2009

Honey-Mustard Baked Chicken

I made this the day after we got back. I had planned to make it before I left but that just didn't happen. So. This was is from the BH&G cookbook as well. I am a big fan of honey mustard, that's why I wanted to try this one. I always get honey mustard dipping sauce at KFC. This was actually a really good recipe. It smelled and tasted good even with my stomach in disarray from travel.

Honey-Mustard Baked Chicken
3 pounds meaty chicken pieces
1/3 cup brown mustard
1-2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp cooking oil
1 tbsp soy sauce

If desired, skin chicken (I desired). Place chicken pieces in a lightly greased shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, @ 425 for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl stir together brown mustard, honey, oil, and soy sauce. Brush mixture generously over chicken. Bake, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes more or until chicken is tender and no longer pink (170 degrees for breasts, 180 for thighs and drumsticks), brushing frequently with mustard mixture.

So like I said, this was very good. Definitely a keeper. And, no fancy ingredients that I have to buy, I almost always have this stuff. So it's a good one to try.

No comments: