Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Cheeseburger Cups

This is what we had for supper last night. Emma and Nathan don't like cheeseburgers (they say) so I told them they were like mini-shepherds pies. Nathan still didn't eat his. I don't think he knew exactly how to approach it. It's from Simple & Delicious Sept/Oct 2009.

Cheeseburger Cups
1 pound ground beef
1/2 cup ketchup
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp prepared mustard
1 1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce
1 tube (12 oz) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
1/2 cup velveeta, cubed (I didn't have any velveeta; I just sprinkled shredded taco cheese on top after it was done)

In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;drain. Stir in the the ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, and worcestershire sauce. Remove from heat; set aside. Press each biscuit onto the bottom and up the sides of greased muffin cups. Spoon beef mixture into cups; top with cheese cubes (if using). Bake at 400 for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. (Then sprinkle with shredded cheese if you're using that instead of the velveeta) 5 servings.

I had made a recipe similar to this in the past called mini meatloaves or some such thing, where you did not precook the hamburger, and it was so awful...this was definitely a much better success. I think I will keep this one, because it was fun for the kids. Sam loves shepherd's pie so he was excited about this and ate all of his. Steve ate 2. I thought I would want 2 but 1 was plenty for me. 3 leftover, which I know will get eaten by Steve.

No comments: