Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Cinnamon N' Raisin Bread

I just got a bread machine about 2 weeks ago at a yard sale. I have been anxious to use it, but a friend told me that you need to have special flour and yeast. So after getting those things, I was ready to try it. The only recipe I could make was this one because I didn't have powdered milk or wheat bread machine flour. So I made this yesterday. Then last night I was at Hannaford and I saw that the smallest box of powdered milk was $8.99. I didn't buy it. Then my mom told me that you only need the powdered milk if you're making it ahead, and if you're just making it right now, you can use milk for the water and not even add the dry milk powder. I told that to Steve and he said he already told me that. Well, if he did, I don't remember it. This recipe is from the book that came with the bread machine.

Cinnamon N' Raisin Bread (1.5 pound loaf)
9 oz water
2 tbsp olive oil
1 1/4 tsp salt
1 3/4 tbsp sugar
3 cups bread machine flour
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
3/4 cup raisins

Add ingredients to bread pan in order listed except raisins. Add the raisins when the beeping sounds during kneading (I don't know if every machine does this, but mine does).

This also says that all ingredients should be at room temperature when you start. Everyone liked this. Steve and I had toast last night after the kids went to bed, then we all had some this morning. The bread is gone already. I do have the 1.5 pound loaf-size bread machine, which apparently there is a 2-lb maker. If this bread thing ends up taking off, I may invest in a bigger machine. For right now though we'll do it this way. I have another loaf in right now, as I'm typing this recipe. I am excited to see how all this will work out!!

No comments: