Sunday, August 7, 2011

Orange-Spiced Chicken

We had this for lunch today. I used my totally awesome George Foreman Grill with Removable Plates. This wasn't the first time I've used it. It was the second time. I love how the plates can go in the dishwasher. They really came clean, too. I thought this recipe sounded really yummy, and the only thing I had to buy to make it was frozen orange juice concentrate. We had this with rice and carrots. It's from Simple & Delicious June/July 2011.

Orange-Spiced Chicken
1/2 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tsp Chinese five-spice powder (I already had this, but I remember that it's pretty expensive to buy...however I looked up how to make it [http://chinesefood.about.com/cs/sauces/ht/fivespicepowder.htm] and it is extremely complicated...I don't know if they have it at the NLC or not)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves

In a small bowl, combine first five ingredients. Pour 1/2 cup of marinade into a large ziploc bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.

Drain and discard marinade. Grease your grill. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat, or broil 4 inches from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side (if you have a sweet GF grill it grills both sides at once, thereby cutting your cooking time in half) or until temperature reaches 170, basting frequently with reserved marinade.

Everyone liked this!! Well Sam wasn't here, but the little ones ate it and said it was very yummy. So a total score, and definitely keeping this one.

No comments: