Friday, September 2, 2011

Chocolate Frosted Peanut Butter Cupcakes

This is the last one I have marked from the latest Simple & Delicious. It was a contest winner for this "guy food" contest they were having. But anyone can eat them. I made them to bring to home fellowship.

Chocolate Frosted Peanut Butter Cupcakes
1 pkg yellow cake mix
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
3 eggs
1 1/4 cups water
1/4 cup canola oil
Frosting:
1 2/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup confectioners' sugar

Combine cake mix, peanut butter, eggs, water, and oil in a large bowl; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.

Fill paper-lined muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake at 350 for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire rack to cool completely.

Place chocolate chips in a large bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate, whisk until smooth. Cool, stirring occasionally, to room temperature. Add butter and confectioners' sugar; beat until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Yield 24 (I only got 22 because I only had 22 cupcake papers)

Okay I confess that I just tried one. But to be fair, one wouldn't fit. I have a Tupperware pie keeper that I usually put cupcakes or muffins in when I am bringing them somewhere. But I could only 15 in there, and then 6 in another smaller (Rubbermaid **gasp** don't tell Becky) container, and then 1 lonely cupcake. So the kids and I shared it. It was fabulous. The cupcake was so moist and yummy. Yummy yummy yummy. The frosting was delicious. I still have about 2/3 cup of the frosting left. I was very generous with what I put on each cupcake, but I still have that much left. I put it in a genuine Tupperware container to save for another use, but not sure what that will be. I'm sure Steve will have some ideas, though. Also the frosting wasn't as thick as I think frosting should be, more like a glaze. Hopefully it won't all run off the cupcakes by the time we eat them. But they will still be great no matter what. Definitely a keeper. Yum yum yum.

No comments: