Thursday, November 6, 2008

Oven Denver Omelet

I liked the sound of this one, because the recipe submitter was all "instead of making individual omelets, I combine all the ingredients into this oven version." Well, that sounds good to me, since whenever I make omelets there is a lot of prayer involved. I get ready to flip and I'm like 1...2...3...FLIP. And half the time it flips perfectly, and the other times it flips partially, and then that one is Steve's. Because he says he doesn't care how it looks because it all tastes the same. So I thought I would try this and see how it tasted. It's from Taste of Home...right next to the Asparagus Brunch Bake (soooo close to making that).

Oven Denver Omelet
8 eggs
1/2 cup half and half
1 cup finely chopped cooked ham
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
1/4 cup chopped onion

In a large bowl, whisk eggs and half and half until light and fluffy. Stir in remaining ingredients. Pour into greased 9 inch baker (this greasing step is very important). Bake at 400 for 25 minutes or until golden brown (mine took like 30 minutes).

So Sam did not like this! He is such a good eater he usually likes everything. Not green peppers, apparently (so now his don't-like-list is broccoli, mayo (yes!), and green peppers). Emma got a piece with only one piece of green pepper, so she happily ate most of hers. But poor Sam had green pepper in almost every bite. I did, too, and I'm not crazy about them, either, but I can deal. Steve, of course, liked it. We had a bit left over which I saved, but I'm not sure how it will reheat. So I sprayed my pan with Pam, and it was a stoneware pan. But still it took a lot of scrubbing to get all that egg off. Kind of surprised. So I don't think this will be a keeper. But I'm still not sure about omelet flipping either.

No comments: