Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thai Turkey Salad Pitas

We had this tonight with the leftover turkey from last night. It was so so so so good, and I like how there are two totally different meals out of the turkey (not to mention the amount I have leftover to make a pot pie with). It came together really quick, and no cooking so perfect for a hot night.

Thai Turkey Salad Pitas
2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
2 cups coleslaw mix (I don't like cabbage, so we used lettuce)
1/2 cup golden raisins (I just happened to have some of these, but if I didn't, I wouldn't have bought them, I just would have used regular raisins)
1/3 cup chopped unsalted peanuts (I bought these at the NLC, just the amount I needed, for $0.24...woot!)
1 green onion, chopped (forgot to buy)
1/4 cup lime juice
1/4 cup honey
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 tsp chili sauce
1/2 tsp garlic powder
8 pita pocket halves

In a large bowl, combine first five ingredients. In another bowl, combine remaining ingredients (except the pita pockets). Pour dressing over turkey mixture and toss to coat. Fill each pita with 1/2 cup turkey mixture.

Okay, like I said, fabulous. E & N just had plain turkey leftovers, but Steve & I and Sam had this. Sam said he didn't like it, so I asked him to just pick the turkey out. When he started doing that, he said, "oh, maybe it's just the bread I don't like" and he ate all of the filling (it will now be much harder to use up the remaining pitas with Steve gone and Sam not liking them...I'm sure Jill has some ideas for me =o)). This one is definitely a keeper. Tastes like something from a restaurant.

No comments: