Friday, June 18, 2010

Butterscotch Torte

This was the dessert I made for home fellowship. It's from a Taste of Home magazine that I had. I don't know which month, because for some reason I threw the magazine away. Like 2 weeks ago, when I was making my shopping list and doing meal planning, I looked right at this recipe and wrote down what I needed to buy, etc. Then when I went to find the magazine it was in earlier this week, I couldn't find it. Then I remembered that I had thrown it away because I thought I had made everything out of it that I had marked. I looked in the garbage for a second, then gave that up. Then I remembered that TOH has a website, and I remembered the name of the recipe so I was able to find it. Yay!

Butterscotch Torte
1 pkg (16 oz) cream-filled vanilla sandwich cookies, crushed
1/2 cup butter, melted
8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1 12 oz carton cool whip, thawed
2 1/2 cups cold milk
2 pkg instant butterscotch pudding mix

Set aside 1 cup cookie crumbs for topping. In a small bowl, combine remaining cookie crumbs and butter. Press into a greased 13x9 inch dish. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in 1 1/2 cups cool whip. Spread over crust. In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes; let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Spoon over cream cheese layer. Top with remaining cool whip. Sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 15 servings.

This was very very good. Very sweet, but very good. Once again, Tom & Pat suggested the addition of meat. They are so crazy. The cookie crust was so so good. Definitely a keeper, but this makes a lot! And you can't eat much at a time due to the sweetness. So don't make this for a family of 4 or anything...it's better for an event.

No comments: