Friday, June 18, 2010

Peanut Butter Banana Bread

I made this today, it made 2 loaves. 1 of the loaves I gave to the Stewarts for their adoption benefit yard sale thing. The other I am sending to home fellowship tonight. The dads and kids are having a camp out and it is my contribution for breakfast. So we will have to rely on Steve's and the kids' feedback which I will collect in the morning. Also when I dropped the bread off to Tiffany and told her what it was, she asked me if it was the recipe from Taste of Home. I told her it was, and she declared that it was the best banana bread ever. That's good enough for me!

Peanut Butter Banana Bread
Topping:
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Batter:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1 1/4 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 cup mashed ripe banana
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

In a small bowl combine topping ingredients until crumbly; set aside. In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese, and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Divide half of the batter between two greased 8x4 inch loaf pans; sprinkle with half the topping. Top with chocolate chips. Repeat layers of batter and topping. Bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes or until toothpick comes back clean. Cool for 10 minutes in pans before removing to wire racks to cool completely.

So whoever heard of cream cheese in banana bread? Not me. But this batter was very creamy. Steve said it was very good and that every ate it right up. Becky said it was very good too. I will definitely make it again so I can try some too, ha ha. Everyone gets to try it but the chef =0)

No comments: