Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Molasses Sugar Cookies

When I had my surgery, my dear sweet friend Becky H. brought me a meal. Also her mom is my neighbor and this whole family is so awesome. Her parents brought me two meals after my surgery. With the first meal she brought these delicious cookies. They were so good. She brought them in a plastic container. The second time they brought me a meal, the same plastic container was there and I got all excited, hoping it was these cookies that were in it. But guess what it was? Potato salad. Ewwwww. Steve was happy but I was decidedly not. Let me tell you that these could possibly be the best. cookies. ever. She could sell them. So I asked her for the recipe, which she graciously provided. Seriously you should make these.

Molasses Sugar Cookies
3/4 cup butter, melted and cooled to room temp
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup molasses
1 egg
2 tsp baking soda
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt

Combine butter, sugar, molasses and egg, mix well. Combine dry ingredients, then add to butter mixture. Chill until it's easy to form into balls. Roll balls in additional sugar. Bake on greased cookie sheets at 350 for 10 minutes. They may not look done but will as they cool. Be careful not to overbake.

Okay seriously make these. She also said she usually doubles the recipe because they are so good, but I say that's a double-edged sword because if you make more of course you will eat more.

No comments: