Friday, June 4, 2010

Orange-Lemon Cake

I don't know if I said this in a previous post, but I am very happy that we have a home fellowship that we go to that I can make these yummy desserts for. This is what I made for today's home fellowship. It's from Simple & Delicious May 2010. I thought this would be a good summer-y dessert.

Orange-Lemon Cake
1 pkg (18 1/4 oz) lemon cake mix
1 pkg (3 oz) orange gelatin
2/3 cup water
2/3 cup oil
4 eggs
1 cup confectioners' sugar
3-4 tsp orange juice

In a large bowl, combine first 5 ingredients. Blend at low speed for 30 seconds, then on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into greased 10-inch fluted tube pan. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack to cool completely. Combine confectioners' sugar and enough orange juice to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over cake.

They don't tell you this, but you should put the cake on a serving plate before you drizzle it with the icing. It would be messy and ridiculous to do it on the wire rack.

So this was a big hit. All the kids really liked it, Jonathan told me he liked it so well because of the frosting. Speaking of the frosting, I only used about half of what that made. I drizzled it like a glaze, rather than "frosting." It was good, it was easy, so I guess we'll keep this one.

No comments: