Monday, March 19, 2012

Rocky Road Freezer Pie

I made this for home fellowship too. It was very easy to throw together, and I thought it would be better to have more dessert rather than less. I left the nuts out, even though Rocky Road stuff usually has it, so that all the kids would like it. This is the last recipe I have marked from the Feb/March 2012 Simple & Deliciousl

Rocky Road Freezer Pie
1 1/2 cups half and half
1 pkg (3.9 oz) instant chocolate pudding
1 carton (8 oz) cool whip
1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips (I used mini choc chips)
1/3 cup miniature marshmallows (didn't seem like enough so I added a bit more)
1/3 cup chopped pecans
1 graham cracker crust (9 in)

Whisk cream and pudding mix for 2 minutes in a large bowl. Fold in cool whip. Stir in the chocolate chips, marshmallows, and pecans. Transfer to pie crust. (At this point I sprinkled more mini marshmallows and chocolate chips on top. It doesn't say to in the recipe, but in the picture in the magazine it looks like they did that.) Freeze until firm, about 6 hours. Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving.

This was a huge hit. Thank goodness, since my other one tanked. Everyone liked it, it was light and fluffy and yummy. And so easy to make. So definitely keeping this one.

No comments: