Monday, May 14, 2012

Honey Smoked Pork Tenderloin

We had this last week but I haven't had time to post it until now.  It is the last recipe I have marked from the Land O Lakes cookbook I've been going through. 

Honey Smoked Pork Tenderloin
3 tbsp butter
1 lb pork tenderloin, sliced into 2" thick slices (I used a 1.6 lb Hormel tenderloin and didn't adjust anything and it was still fine)
4 carrots, cut into 1" slices
3 stalks celery, cut into 1" slices
1 small onion, cut into 1/8" slices
1/2 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp sage
3 tbsp honey
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp liquid smoke
1 clove garlic, minced

In large skillet melt butter over med-high heat.  Add pork and carrots.  Cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until meat is browned.  Reduce heat to medium.  Stir in remaining ingredients.  Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, 10-12 minutes.

So easy.  And very good.  The kids didn't really care for the vegetables.  I thought the carrots were fabulous.  I will make more carrots with it the next time.  We had enough of this leftover that 3 people had another meal with it the next day. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is whats for supper at my house tonight!

Thanks!

NewRecipeNight said...

you're welcome!