Saturday, May 5, 2012

Peanut Butter-Polka Dot Crispy Treats

This is another recipe from the Kraft Food & Family I took from my sister's house.  Kraft must not own whoever makes real Rice Krispies, because they would have called them Krispy Treats if they did.  Sam had a few friends over for a sleepover tonight and Nathan and I made these for their bedtime snack.

Peanut Butter-Polka Dot Crispy Treats
10 1/2 oz pkg mini marshmallows
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
6 cups crisp rice cereal (see?  Not Rice Krispies)
2 squares white bakers chocolate, melted (they used to not have this at Walmart but now they do)
1/2 cup M&Ms (I left these out. I didn't have any, and there is plenty of sweetness in this without them)

Microwave marshmallows, peanut butter, and butter in large microwavable bowl on high for 1 1/2 minutes or until marshmallows are completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring after 45 seconds (I did this on the stovetop, melting over medium-low heat until well blended...I heard an urban legend about marshmallows in the microwave that made me too afraid to put them in there).  Add cereal; mix well (my arm hurt after, these were harder to stir than your usual RK treats).  Press onto bottom of 13x9 pan sprayed with cooking spray.  Drizzle with melted chocolate.  Decorate with M&Ms.  Cool completely.  Cut into desired shape (square).

Of course these were well liked.  You can't really go wrong with any of the above things.  As a variation you could use semisweet bakers chocolate instead of the white chocolate, or you could sprinkle them with mini chocolate chips.  Easy and fast, definitely saving this one.

No comments: