Monday, September 24, 2012

Beef Macaroni and Cheese

This was an easy recipe from Back of the Box.  All I had to buy were the tomatoes.  That is exactly the ingredient they want you to buy, so they got me on this one.  Tonight was a good night for an easy one because I worked the last two nights and only slept a few hours today.  It is similar to chop suey...our family calls it goulash.

Beef Macaroni and Cheese
1 lb ground beef
1 cup chopped onion
14 oz can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano, undrained
1 cup elbow macaroni
1 cup water
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Brown beef and onions until no longer pink; drain if necessary.  Add tomatoes with their juice and water; bring to a boil.  Stir in macaroni.  Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until macaroni is tender.  Stir in cheese.

See how easy?  When I was making this I thought it didn't look that great.  But once I got to the last step and added the cheese, it really came together and looked yummy.  Nathan doesn't like cheese (IF and only if he knows it's there...) so I scooped out a little bit for him before I added the cheese in.  Everybody loved this and it was really so easy.  Definitely keeping.

No comments: