Friday, August 23, 2013

Cinnamon Toasty Fruity Delight

This is kind of a cross between french toast and pancakes.  I said we could call it Francakes.  One of the kids said we could call it Pantoast.  I think I like Francakes better, although they both sound weird.  I don't like the original name either, though, it sounds too...I don't know.  Something.  This recipe came from Southern Living.



Cinnamon Toasty Fruity Delight
2 cups pancake mix
1 1/2 cups water
(instead of buying pancake mix, I used my own pancake batter recipe, then added the vanilla and cinnamon)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp vegetable oil
8 cinnamon bread slices
2 bananas, sliced
1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
Maple syrup

Whisk together the first 4 ingredients.

Melt 1/2 tbsp butter and 1/2 tbsp oil in large skillet over medium heat (I just used cooking spray and sprayed in between each one).  Dip 2 bread slices in batter; cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden.  Repeat procedure with remaining butter, oil, bread slices, and batter.

Top with bananas and pecans.  Serve with maple syrup.

So good!  Of course not everyone had the bananas and pecans. Sam said blueberries might be yummy instead of the bananas.  I think they would be, too.  I did this in a skillet, like it said, and I could only make 2 at a time.  That annoyed me, and next time I will use my griddle and do 6 pieces at once.

No comments: