Saturday, August 3, 2013

Cracker Snackers

This is the thing I ended up bringing to the baby shower since the Mocha Macaroon Cookies were a fail.  I was planning on bringing this anyway, but this became my only contribution.  Oh, and Coffeemate.  This one is from the Southern Living cookbook that I'm working through.



Cracker Snackers
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
11 oz pkg oyster crackers (these are smaller now...I think the bag I got was only 10 oz)
1 envelope (0.7 oz) Italian dressing mix (they recommended Good Seasons so that's what I got)
1 tsp dried dill weed
1/4 tsp garlic powder

Combine oil and garlic; let stand 30 minutes.  Discard garlic.

Place crackers in a bowl; sprinkle with oil.  Combine dressing mix, dill weed, and garlic powder; sprinkle over crackers, stirring well.  Let stand 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.  Store in air-tight container.  Yield: 6 cups

This was nice and easy.  The perfect thing to do while waiting for mocha macaroons to set (which they never did).  This came out crazy garlicky.  That's good if you like garlic.  I munched on a couple to taste them, and I thought they were good.  I had a few at the baby shower, and they were good.  I came home with about half of them, so they weren't a huge hit.  The next day I had a small bowl of them, and that wasn't good.  So these are only good in small doses.  

No comments: