Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Bacon Cheeseburger Rice

Yum doesn't that sound good? If you love bacon like I do you will think so. It's from the Dec/Jan 2012 Simple & Delicious.

Bacon Cheeseburger Rice
1 lb ground beef
1 3/4 cups water
2/3 cup barbecue sauce
1 tbsp prepared mustard
2 tsp dried minced onion
1/2 tsp pepper
2 cups uncooked instant rice (I used instant brown rice)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/3 cup chopped dill pickles
5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled

Cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink in a large skillet; drain. Add the water, barbecue sauce, mustard, onion, and pepper. Bring to a boil; stir in the rice. Sprinkle with cheese. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes (since I used brown rice I simmered for 10 minutes before adding the cheese, then simmered for 5 more minutes). Sprinkle with pickles and bacon.

This tasted so good! It smelled great too. I did not sprinkle it with pickles, that just didn't sound good. We had pickles on the side. Everybody liked this. I didn't pick the bacon out of the kids' portions, and Emma ate it all and loved it, and Nathan cried at one point "something hard and crunchy!" He was in distress, so I picked out the remaining bacon pieces from his. But otherwise this was a meal everyone liked, and very easy to make. Definitely keeping it.

No comments: