Thursday, October 18, 2012

Mini Meatloaf Burgers

We had these for supper last night.  I love meatloaf (I know most people don't...my mom makes a great meatloaf, not like the ones you've heard about), so I thought this would be fun to try.  It's from Back of the Box Cooking, and the thing they want you to buy is Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce and Heinz ketchup.  I already had everything I needed for this recipe so I didn't buy anything for it.

Mini Meatloaf Burgers
1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp ketchup
1 lb lean ground beef
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
2 tbsp plain dry bread crumbs
Salt & pepper (optional, and I can't imagine needing to add salt if your first ingredient is 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce...I didn't add any additional, or pepper either)

Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.  Shape into 4 patties.  In a large skillet, cook burgers over medium high heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until cooked through.

These were okay.  Not great, but not bad either.  They didn't really stick together that well when they were in the skillet, they probably could have used more bread crumbs, maybe.  We had this with tater tots, which Nathan liked for the first time.  So in that aspect, the meal was a success.  He didn't like the meat, though, which I gave him, cut up, on his plate. So it was an easy meal, but I have other easy burger recipes that I like better than this one. 

No comments: