Saturday, October 6, 2012

Pacific Rim Wraps

We had this last week for supper on a night that I was very tired due to working.  I used precooked chicken strips that I had a coupon for, so the prep was very easy.  This is from Back of the Box, and the thing they want you to buy is the evaporated milk for the homemade dressing that goes in these wraps.  I did buy evaporated milk, but not the brand they wanted me to.

Pacific Rim Wraps with Creamy Citrus Ginger Dressing
Dressing:
5 oz can evaporated milk
5 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
3 tbsp sugar
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
Salad:
4 cups washed salad greens (or 6.5 oz pkg)
3 cups shredded cooked chicken
1 cup matchstick carrots
1 cup fresh sugar snap peas, cut in half (I left these out)(are you surprised?)
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
6 8-inch flour tortillas

Combine all dressing ingredients into a jar or cup with tight fitting lid (I used one of the kids' Tupperware sippy cups...only by sheer coincidence did my tired self not hand it to Emma to drink...) and shake well until blended.

Combine all salad ingredients except tortillas in a large bowl.  Add 2/3 cup dressing; toss until evenly coated.  Place 1 cup salad mixture onto each tortilla.  Roll up tightly.  Cut in half and serve alongside remaining dressing.

These were so so good.  Nathan only had the chicken.  Emma was skeptical but did eat it the way it was given to her, once all the ingredients were spelled out.  Steve and I thought they were fabulous.  And they were very easy to throw together.  Definitely keeping it.  Oh, and if you make these, you can't really save the leftover dressing, which wasn't too much anyway.  It says it's only good for a day after you make it.

No comments: