Saturday, October 20, 2012

Reese's Chewy Chocolate Pan Cookies

I made these for home fellowship.  We have our co-op on Fridays now, which means I have to make a quick dessert for home fellowship.  These are cookie-like things that you make like brownies, so only one pan in the oven instead of multiple pans.  This is from Back of the Box, and they want you to buy Reese's peanut butter chips.  Which I did.  Because I have not seen a store brand of that before.  And even if I did I might not buy it because Reese's is the best.  They also make puffs, which are a tasty breakfast cereal.

Reese's Chewy Chocolate Pan Cookies
1 1/4 cups butter or margarine, softened
2 cups sugar (ooh that seems like a lot)
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
3/4 cup cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
10 oz pkg peanut butter chips

Preheat oven to 350.  Grease 15x10x1 inch jelly roll pan.  Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until light and fluffy.  Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.  Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; gradually blend into butter mixture.  Stir in peanut butter chips.  Spread batter into prepared pan.  Bake 20 minutes or until set.  Cool completely in pan on wire rack; cut into bars.

Of course these came out great.  The batter tasted yummy when I licked it off the beater, and then the cookies tasted great too.  It was much easier than making 3 or 4 cookie sheets' worth of cookies so it was perfect for a busy day.  Everyone in my house loves Reese's Anything, so this one is a keeper for sure.

No comments: