Monday, January 21, 2013

Maple Nut Bagel Spread

I don't like cream cheese on bagels.  I love it in frosting.  And I'll use it as an ingredient.  But I would never smear it on a bagel and eat it just like that.  But my oldest child loves it.  If  I need flavored cream cheese for a recipe and have some left over, he likes to eat it.  And I bought chocolate cream cheese when they had it at Christmas time, and he liked that, too.  So when I saw this recipe I wanted to make it for him because it seems like something he would like.  It's from Simple & Delicious.  I left out the nuts, though, because he doesn't really like them.  So I told him it was Maple Cinnamon Cream Cheese.  But I'll give you the title and the recipe as it was originally.

Maple Nut Bagel Spread
8 oz reduced-fat spreadable cream cheese (I used full fat...Sam is not watching his weight or anything)
3 tbsp maple syrup
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup finely chopped toasted walnuts

Beat cream cheese, syrup, and cinnamon together until smooth; stir in nuts.  Chill.

I tried to fit it all back into the original cream cheese container, but no luck.  He said it was good.  It looked awful during the mixing process.  I should have softened the cream cheese first, and it took a long time for the ingredients to all mix together well.  But it was easy, and he liked it, so I'll keep the recipe.



No comments: