Monday, January 21, 2013

One-Bowl Mocha Brownies

I made these for home fellowship.  I made another kind of brownies, too, because it seems mean to make a coffee flavored dessert that only some of the grown ups will like.  And both recipes were one bowl brownies, so easy to throw together.  If you're already in brownie mode, you might as well make two...this is from the cookbook my mom gave me for Christmas, the $5 Dinner Mom one.

One-Bowl Mocha Brownies
2 oz semisweet baking chocolate, chopped (I didn't chop it)
1/2 cup butter
2 cups chocolate chips, divided
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup flour
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 tbsp instant coffee granules

Preheat oven to 350.  Grease 8x8 inch glass baking dish (I only have metal...) with nonstick cooking spray.  In a large microwave safe bowl, heat baking chocolate, butter, and 1 cup of the chocolate chips on high for 1 1/2 minutes.  Stir until completely melted.

Whisk the sugar, vanilla, flour, cocoa powder, and salt into the chocolate mixture.  Whisk the eggs and coffee granules into the batter until the batter is smooth.  Fold in remaining 1 cup chocolate chips.  Pour batter into greased baking dish.  Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes back clean.  Let cool slightly before cutting and serving.

Yum.  I licked the spoon on this one because I love brownie batter.  So so yummy.  And the brownies were good once they were baked, too.  I made little signs to put on them at home fellowship so no child (or adult that hates coffee) would unwittingly take one of these, but Sam still took one, and didn't like it.  I thought they were good though.  Saving this one...

No comments: