Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Ranch-Marinated Chicken Breasts

I don't like sour cream as a rule, but it seems to be making an awful lot of appearances lately (you'll see as the recipes come throughout the month...).  I definitely do not like it as a condiment, but I will use it as an ingredient.  And I don't have a phobia of it like I do of mayo.  Even though sour cream is so gross looking when it's plain.  I do like ranch flavored stuff.  And we all like chicken.  And here is a recipe that has both.  It's from Simple & Delicious.

Ranch-Marinated Chicken Breasts
2 cups sour cream
1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
4 tsp lemon juice
4 tsp worcestershire sauce
2 tsp celery salt
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp pepper
6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1/4 cup butter, melted

Combine first 8 ingredients in large ziploc bag; add chicken.  Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.

Drain and discard marinade.  Place chicken on greased 10x15x1 baking pan.  Drizzle with butter.  Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes or until juices run clear.

This "marinade" stayed very thick, I couldn't really drain it.  I withdrew the chicken breasts from it, shook them off some, and then put them on the cookie sheet.  The boys were with my parents, so I can't tell you their reactions to this, but I can guess: Sam would have liked it, Nathan would not have.  Steve and Emma both really liked this.  Emma ate all her chicken without prompting, which is very unlike her.  I didn't really like it though.  I don't think it retained much ranch flavor.  And yet the coating on the chicken after it was baked was distinctly unpleasant (to me, at least...).  But the meat did stay very moist, which is probably why Emma liked it so well.  Mixed reviews for this one...

No comments: